4QFY2023 and FY2023 Production and delivery volumes (Provisional)
|All Figures are in million tons|
|Tata Steel India2||5.15||5.00||4.90||19.87||19.06|
|Tata Steel Europe||2.31||2.24||2.31||9.38||10.11|
|Tata Steel Thailand||0.31||0.27||0.34||1.20||1.29|
|Tata Steel India2||5.15||4.74||5.12||18.87||18.27|
|Tata Steel Europe||2.13||1.99||2.40||8.12||9.02|
|Tata Steel Thailand||0.31||0.29||0.34||1.21||1.33|
Notes: 1. Production Numbers: India - Crude Steel Production; Europe - Liquid Steel Production; Tata Steel Thailand - Saleable Steel Production. 2. Figures for Tata Steel India includes Tata Steel Standalone and Tata Steel Long Products.
- Tata Steel India achieved highest ever annual crude steel production of ~19.9 million tons, with a growth of 4% YoY by debottlenecking across sites and ramp up of Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited. In 4QFY23, crude steel production was up 3% QoQ and stood at around 5.15 million tons.
- Tata Steel India deliveries increased by 3% YoY despite volatile operating environment during the financial year and surpassed the previous best recorded in FY22. Domestic deliveries grew by ~10% YoY leveraging our robust marketing network and agile business model. In 4QFY23, deliveries grew by 9% QoQ to 5.15 million tons and were the highest ever quarterly deliveries.
- Record domestic deliveries across segments in FY23:
- ‘Automotive & Special Products’ segment deliveries increased by 5% YoY in FY23 to be at ~2.7 million tons, surpassing the previous best recorded in FY22. In 4QFY23, deliveries were up 8% QoQ despite the 4% QoQ drop in auto OEM production.
- ‘Branded Products & Retail’ segment deliveries increased by 11% in FY23 to be at ~5.9 million tons, surpassing the previous best recorded in FY20. This was driven by record quarterly and annual sales across well-established retail and MSME (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) brands like Tata Tiscon, Tata Kosh, Tata Astrum and Tata Steelium. In 4QFY23, deliveries were up by 16% QoQ and led to best ever quarterly sales.
- ‘Industrial Products & Projects’ segment deliveries increased by 14% in FY23 to be at ~7.2 million tons, surpassing the previous best recorded in FY22. In 4QFY23, deliveries were up 11% QoQ and were best ever quarterly sales driven by sustained increase in sale of value-added products to key segments like Oil & Gas, Railways etc.
- Revenues from Tata Steel Aashiyana, an e-commerce platform for Individual Home builders, grew by around 18% YoY to Rs. 1,730 crores in FY23.
- Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL) began operations within 3 months of completion of acquisition and has steadily ramped up during the last two quarters. Presently, the run rate of crude steel plus pig iron is around ~1 million tons on annualised basis. Tata Tiscon rebars are being made from NINL billets.
- ‘During FY23, Tata Steel Europe steel deliveries were ~8.1 million tons. In 4QFY23, deliveries were higher by 7% QoQ to 2.13 million tons on improving demand environment. However, product mix has been affected due to the ongoing upgradation at CM21 (Cold Rolling mill). As planned, the overall process of relining of BF6 at Tata Steel Netherlands has commenced in early April.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.
For queries and information
Chief Corporate Communications - Tata Steel,
E-mail : email@example.com
About Tata Steel
- Tata Steel group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 35 million tonnes per annum
- It is one of the world's most geographically diversified steel producers, with operations and commercial presence across the world
- The group recorded a consolidated turnover of US$32.83 billion in the financial year ending March 31, 2022
- A Great Place to Work-CertifiedTM organisation, Tata Steel Limited, together with its subsidiaries, associates, and joint ventures, is spread across five continents with an employee base of over 65,000
- Tata Steel has announced its major sustainability objectives including Net Zero Carbon by 2045, Net Zero Water consumption by 2030, improving Ambient Air Quality and No Net loss in Biodiversity by 2030.
- The Company has been on a multi-year digital-enabled business transformation journey intending to be the leader in ‘Digital Steel making by 2025’. The Company has received the World Economic Forum’s Global Lighthouse recognition for its Jamshedpur, Kalinganagar and IJmuiden Plants.
- Tata Steel aspires to have 25% diverse workforce by 2025. The Company has been recognised with the World Economic Forum’s Global Diversity Equity & Inclusion Lighthouse 2023
- The Company has been a part of the DJSI Emerging Markets Index since 2012 and has been consistently ranked amongst top 10 steel companies in the DJSI Corporate Sustainability Assessment since 2016
- Tata Steel’s Jamshedpur Plant is India’s first site to receive ResponsibleSteelTM Certification
- Received Prime Minister’s Trophy for the best performing integrated steel plant for 2016-17, Steel Sustainability Champion recognition from worldsteel for five years in a row, and ‘Most Ethical Company’ award 2021 from Ethisphere Institute
- Recognised with 2022 ERM Global Award of Distinction, ‘Masters of Risk’ - Metals & Mining Sector recognition at The India Risk Management Awards for the sixth consecutive year, and Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting FY20 from ICAI, among several others
Photographs: Management and Plant facilities
Logos: Files and usage guidelines