We endeavor to avoid negligence through our safety management system to ensure a safe workplace for our employees and achieve zero LTI or fatality.
The Tata Steel Health and Safety Policy is the foundation for driving safety consciousness in the Company. A robust management system framework and a sound safety governance structure drive the policy. To achieve the corporate objective of ‘Committed to Zero LTI (Loss Time Injury)', six long-term safety strategies have been prioritised and are being implemented through Apex Safety Sub-committees across the organisation. The progress is monitored and reviewed at different levels.
The 6 Safety Strategies:
Click here to know more
- Build (safety) leadership capability from senior leaders to front line supervisors
- Develop the competency and capability of all employees to proactively identify hazards and manage risks to prevent safety incidents
- Ensure contractor safety risk management
- Ensure road and rail safety risk management
- Process safety management, integrated emergency response, infrastructure integrity management
- Occupational health/industrial hygiene (OH/IH)