Tata Steel organsies closing ceremony of Fire Safety Week
Tata Steel observed the closing ceremony of Fire Safety Week on 21st April, 2016. Tata Steel organizes various activities as a part of fire safety week from 14th – 20th April, 2016 to pay homage to those brave Fire Fighters, who sacrificed their live in line to their duty on 14th April, 1944.
Mr Gopal P. Choudhary, Chief, Security, Tata Steel delivered the welcome speech wherein he enlightened the gathering on the various activities carried out during fire week. He also spoke on the potential fire hazard in steel industry.
Addressing the gathering Mr. Suresh Kumar, Vice President, Shared Services, Tata Steel, emphasized on maintaining good housekeeping and advised to follow safety standard during jobs, he also said that fire safety is everyone concern hence to restrict loss of life and property each employee shall follow fire safety standards. He also recognized participants who participated in diversified competitions held during the week
Mr. Shivesh Verma, Vice President, TWU, appreciated fire brigade for doing commendable job for the community & gave best wishes to fire department for its future endeavors & also recognized the participants of online intranet quiz.The various activities that were carried out between 14th and 21st April, 2016:-
- Launch of National Fire Service week on 14th April 2016
- Release of Booklet, Stickers on Fire Safety
- Fire Awareness Training Sessions
- On-line Intranet Quiz for Tata Steel Employees
- Inter School Quiz Competition
- Nukkad Natak on Fire Safety
- Demonstration on Home Fire Safety for Housewives
- Fire Hazard Hunt competition by Departments
- Fire drill and Rescue competition among Fire Fighters
- Search and Rescue Competition among ERT trained persons