Tata Steel: 3QFY23 Production and delivery volumes (Provisional)
|All Figures are in million tons|
|Tata Steel India2||5.00||4.80||4.81||14.72||14.16|
|Tata Steel Europe||2.25||2.40||2.57||7.08||7.80|
|Tata Steel Thailand||0.27||0.30||0.32||0.89||0.94|
|Tata Steel India2,3||4.73||4.91||4.42||13.71||13.15|
|Tata Steel Europe||1.96||1.87||2.16||5.98||6.62|
|Tata Steel Thailand||0.29||0.30||0.32||0.90||0.99|
Notes: 1. Production Numbers: India - Crude Steel Production; Europe - Liquid Steel Production; Tata Steel Thailand - Saleable Steel Production. 2. Figures for Tata Steel India includes Tata Steel Standalone and Tata Steel Long Products.
- For 9MFY23, Tata Steel India crude steel production and deliveries were up 4% on YoY basis while domestic deliveries were up ~10% YoY.
- In 3QFY23, Tata Steel India crude steel production stood at 5 million tons and was up 4% on YoY and QoQ basis. Deliveries stood at 4.73 million tons and were up 7% YoY primarily driven by 11% growth in domestic deliveries, which also led to improvement in product mix.
- Record domestic deliveries across segments in 9MFY23:
- ‘Automotive & Special Products’ segment deliveries stood at ~2 million tons and were up 7% on YoY basis, surpassing the previous best recorded in 9MFY19. For the quarter, deliveries were marginally lower due to drop in automotive production.
- ‘Branded Products & Retail’ segment deliveries stood at ~4.1 million tons and were up 10% YoY, similar to the previous best in 9MFY20. For the quarter, deliveries were up 13% YoY. Tata Tiscon registered best ever quarterly sales enabled by expanded reach.
- ‘Industrial Products & Projects’ segment deliveries stood at ~5.2 million tons and were up 13% YoY, surpassing the previous best recorded in 9MFY20. For the quarter, deliveries were up 15% YoY and were the best ever quarterly sales driven by increase in value added products.
- Revenues from Tata Steel Aashiyana, an e-commerce platform for Individual Home builders, grew by around 49% YoY to Rs. 1,419 crores in 9MFY23.
- Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL) has begun operations within 3 months of completion of acquisition and is presently undergoing ramp up to rated capacity of ~1 million tons. Tata Tiscon rebars are being made from NINL billets.
- During the quarter, Tata Steel Europe steel deliveries stood at 1.96 million tons and were lower on YoY basis but up 5% on QoQ basis. Production was lower on QoQ and YoY basis.
About Tata Steel
Tata Steel is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 34 million tonnes per annum. It is one of the world's most geographically diversified steel producers, with operations and commercial presence across the world. The group recorded a consolidated turnover of US $32,836 million in the financial year ending March 31, 2022.
A Great Place to Work-CertifiedTM organisation, Tata Steel Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, associates, and joint ventures, is spread across five continents with an employee base of over 65,000.
Tata Steel has been a part of the DJSI Emerging Markets Index since 2012 and has been consistently ranked amongst top 10 steel companies in the DJSI Corporate Sustainability Assessment since 2016. Besides being a member of ResponsibleSteelTM worldsteel’s Climate Action Programme and World Economic Forum’s Global Parity Alliance, Tata Steel has won several awards and recognitions including the World Economic Forum’s Global Lighthouse recognition for its Jamshedpur, Kalinganagar and IJmuiden Plants, and Prime Minister’s Trophy for the best performing integrated steel plant for 2016-17. The Company, ranked as India’s most valuable Metals & Mining brand by Brand Finance, featured amongst CII Top 25 innovative Indian Companies in 2021 and top 10 sustainable organisations of India Hurun Research Institute in the 2021 Capri Global Capital Hurun India Impact 50, received Steel Sustainability Champion recognition from worldsteel for five years in a row, ‘Most Ethical Company’ award 2021 from Ethisphere Institute, RIMS India ERM Award of Distinction 2021, Masters of Risk - Metals & Mining Sector recognition at The India Risk Management Awards for the sixth consecutive year, and Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting FY20 from ICAI, among several others.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred, or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.
For media enquiries contact:
Chief Corporate Communications - Tata Steel,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org