3QFY22 Production and delivery volumes (Provisional)
9MFY22 India production grew 16% YoY and domestic deliveries grew 19% YoY
|All Figures are in million tons|
|Tata Steel India2||4.80||4.73||4.60||14.16||12.18|
|Tata Steel Europe||2.56||2.56||2.59||7.79||6.90|
|Tata Steel South-East Asia3||0.32||0.27||0.32||0.94||0.94|
|Tata Steel India2||4.41||4.58||4.65||13.15||12.63|
|Tata Steel Europe||2.15||2.14||2.11||6.62||6.36|
|Tata Steel South-East Asia3||0.32||0.33||0.33||0.99||0.94|
Notes: 1. Production Numbers: India - Crude Steel Production; Europe - Liquid Steel Production; South-East Asia - Saleable Steel Production. 2. Figures for Tata Steel India includes Tata Steel Standalone and Tata Steel Long Products without eliminating inter-company transactions. Tata Steel Standalone numbers have been restated from April 1, 2019 to reflect Tata Steel BSL’s merger into Tata Steel.3. Completed divestment of 100% holding in NatSteel holdings in 2QFY22 and so, the previous quarter numbers have been restated accordingly.
- Tata Steel India Crude steel production grew by 16% YoY and total deliveries increased by 4% YoY on the back of continued economic recovery in 9MFY22; domestic deliveries were higher by 19% even as exports moderated to around 14% of overall deliveries. During 3QFY22, Crude steel production was up 1.5% QoQ; overall deliveries were lower by 4% QoQ as increase in domestic deliveries was offset by lower exports.
- Growth in domestic deliveries has been driven by broad based growth in underlying segments:
- ‘Automotive & Special Products’ segment deliveries increased by 53% YoY in 9MFY22; 3QFY22 deliveries were broadly similar on QoQ basis.
- ‘Branded Products & Retail’ segment deliveries increased by ~14% YoY in 9MFY22; 3QFY22 deliveries were higher by 2% QoQ. Tata Steel’s micro-segmentation approach in the MSME segment has helped to increase the downstream branded play by 31%.
- ‘Industrial Products & Projects’ segment deliveries increased by 11% YoY in 9MFY22; 3QFY22 deliveries were higher by 3% QoQ with increased focus on value added products.
- Tata Steel Aashiyana, an e-commerce platform for Individual Home builders, registered 129% growth in 9MFY22, total gross revenue stood around Rs 960 crores.
- Tata Steel Europe steel production grew by 13%YoY and total deliveries increased by 4% YoY in 9MFY22. During 3QFY22, Crude steel production and deliveries remained broadly similar on QoQ basis amidst supply chain issues in steel consuming sectors including chip shortages faced by the Automotive sector.
- Tata Steel Southeast Asia’s Steel production was higher by 16% on QoQ basis in 3QFY22; deliveries were broadly similar QoQ as improvements in domestic market were offset by lower exports.
- Tata Steel India has undertaken several vaccination drives at all its operating locations. Currently, around 99% of its employees (including contract employees) are vaccinated for first dose and 95% employees (including contract employees) are fully vaccinated. The company continues to closely monitor COVID-19 situation and take appropriate actions in line with the directions issued by the regulatory authorities, keeping in view the health and safety of its employees and the community, and the interests of its customers and other stakeholders.
About Tata Steel
Tata Steel group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 33 million tonnes per annum. It is one of the world's most geographically diversified steel producers, with operations and commercial presence across the world. The group recorded a consolidated turnover of US $21.06 billion in the financial year ending March 31, 2021.
A Great Place to Work-CertifiedTM organisation, Tata Steel Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures, is spread across five continents with an employee base of over 65,000.
Tata Steel has been a part of the DJSI Emerging Markets Index since 2012 and has been consistently ranked amongst top 5 steel companies in the DJSI Corporate Sustainability Assessment since 2016. Besides being a member of ResponsibleSteelTM and worldsteel’s Climate Action Programme, Tata Steel has won several awards and recognitions including the World Economic Forum’s Global Lighthouse recognition for its Kalinganagar Plant - a first in India, and Prime Minister’s Trophy for the best performing integrated steel plant for 2016-17. The Company, ranked as India’s most valuable Metals & Mining brand by Brand Finance, received the ‘Honourable Mention’ at the National CSR Awards 2019, Steel Sustainability Champion 2019 by worldsteel, CII Greenco Star Performer Award 2019, ‘Most Ethical Company’ award 2020 from Ethisphere Institute, Best Risk Management Framework & Systems Award (2020) by CNBC TV-18, and Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting FY20 by ICAI, among several others.
To know more, visit www.tatasteel.com and www.wealsomaketomorrow.com.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.
For media enquiries contact: