The Indian Institute of Metals in association with Tata Steel inaugurates an International conference on Advanced High Strength Steel, Processing and Application
The Indian Institute of Metals Jamshedpur Chapter along with Tata Steel today inaugurated an international conference on AHSS from at Hotel Alcor, Jamshedpur. The theme of the conference is “Developments in Advanced High Strength Steel, Processing and Application Mr. Anand Sen, President, TQM and Steel Business Tata Steel graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
During the inaugural function Mr. Sudhansu Pathak, VP, Steel Manufacturing, Tata Steel mentioned that there are 34 speakers who will present their research work during the entire event, out of which 11 are from abroad. There will be 7 sessions with nearly 130 delegates present in this conference. In his speech Mr. Anand Sen laid emphasis on the fact that we should get some break through ideas from this conference.
The session started with a lecture by Professor John J Jonas of McGill University, Montreal, Canada. He spoke about his latest research on “Dynamic transformation during the torsion simulation of plate and strip rolling“. In the next session there were total 6 speakers who spoke on the following topics:
- Microstructure engineering of high performance steels
- Industrialization, mechanical properties and applications of a new stainless TWIP-steel
- Technological challenges and solutions for the production of state of the art 2nd and 3rd generation AHSS grades
- Automotive lightweighting – steel overrides alternate materials
- Effect of flash annealing on bulk nanostructured low carbon steel processed through equal-channel angular pressing followed by cryorolling
- Microstructural evolution in boron added advanced high strength steel suitable for hot stamping
The post lunch session saw participation from 4 speakers. The topic of their discussion were mainly on defect free casting of new generation of advanced high strength steel.
The last session of the day focussed on the following topics:
- An overview on structure property relationship of TRIP aided steel
- Impact of alloying design of traditional 22MnB5 on the crash relevant material properties of press hardened components
- Microstructural engineering in pearlitic steel wires
- Production of high strength plates through new plate mill at RSP
- Recrystallization phenomena in columnar and equiaxed zone of ferritic stainless steel and its effect on ridging property