Tata Steel's Q1 FY17 Key Production and Sales Figures
Tata Steel Limited registered Hot Metal and Crude Steel production of 3.01 million tonnes (up by 16.5 % y-o-y) and 2.52 million tonnes (up by 7.6 % y-o-y) respectively for Q1 FY17. Saleable Steel production is 2.34 million tonnes (up by 4.8 % y-o-y) and Sales is 2.15 million tonnes (up by 0.1 % y-o-y) for Q1 FY17.
Production Performance: Tata Steel India
Production & Sales Highlights
- Best-ever Jamshedpur Plant Hot Metal production of 2,665 KT in Q1 FY17 (Previous Best: 2,588 KT in Q1 FY16)
- Best-ever Jamshedpur Plant Sinter production of 2,024 KT in Q1 FY17 (Previous Best: 1,804 KT in Q1 FY16)
- Best-ever Jamshedpur Plant Pellet production of 1,668 KT in Q1 FY17 (Previous Best: 1,473 KT in Q1 FY16)
- Commercial production started at Kalinganagar Plant from June 1, 2016
Awards & Recognitions
- Tata Steel received the ‘BML Munjal Award’ for Business Excellence through Learning & Development under Sustained Excellence Category. This is the first time that the Sustained Excellence Award has been given to any organisation.
- Tata Steel has been Awarded 'National Award for Outstanding Achievement in Industrial Relations' by All India Organisation of Employers (AIOE) on May 9, 2016 in New Delhi.
- Tata Steel has been selected as the winner in the ‘Iron & Steel’ sector for the Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards 2016. The ‘Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards’ seeks to recognise and felicitate Corporate India’s leading companies across various sectors. The Awards event is closely tied to the publication, ‘India’s Top 500 Companies 2016’, which profiles India’s reputable and top-performing companies on the basis of various financial parameters.
- Tata Steel has won the ‘Performance Excellence Award 2015 (Platinum Category)’ at the 20th CEOs Conference organised by Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE) on June 24, 2016 in Nagpur. This award is in recognition of the achievements in the areas of Financial & Operational Performance and Productivity Improvement.
- ‘Wiron Aayush’, a new product of Tata Steel, has won the National Awards for Marketing Excellence by CMO Asia in the category of Consumer Insight. The product, with a lifespan twice that of galvanized wire, offers a distinct blue colour for differentiation and easy identification.
- Tata Steel has received the Quality Certificate from Toyota for its quality-compliant supplies to Toyota. No other domestic steel producer has received this award. Tata Steel is the only steel producer, both in the domestic and global arena, to receive the ‘Overall Excellence Award’ from Maruti Suzuki for FY16.
- Tata Steel launched its youngest product Cyan in the Tri-city area of Chandigarh, Panchkula & Mohali in June 2016. Cyan is the latest addition to the B2C portfolio of Tata Steel and its second brand in the furniture category, after Steel n Style.
About Tata Steel
Established in 1907 as Asia's first integrated private sector steel company, Tata Steel Group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of nearly 28 million tonnes per annum (MnTPA) as on June 1, 2016. It is now the world's second-most geographically-diversified steel producer, with operations in 26 countries and a commercial presence in over 50 countries. The Tata Steel Group recorded a turnover of US $17.69 billion in FY16 and has ~77000 employees (as on March 31, 2016) across five continents and is a Fortune 500 company. The Group’s vision is to be the world’s steel industry benchmark in “Value Creation” and “Corporate Citizenship” through the excellence of its people, its innovative approach and overall conduct. Underpinning this vision is a performance culture committed to aspiration targets, safety and social responsibility, continuous improvement, openness and transparency. In 2008, Tata Steel India became the first integrated steel plant in the world, outside Japan, to be awarded the Deming Application Prize 2008 for excellence in Total Quality Management. In 2012, Tata Steel became the first integrated steel company in the world, outside Japan, to win the Deming Grand Prize 2012 instituted by the Japanese Union of Scientists and Engineers.In 2013, Tata Steel was awarded CII-ITC Sustainability Prize for its exemplary efforts towards corporate sustainability practices and in 2016, it bagged the TIME India Award for 'Best-in-Class Manufacturing'.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.
Chief, Corporate Communications, India & SEA
Tel: +91 657 664 5512/ +91 92310 52397