Rail & Road Safety Campaign celebration in Tata Steel
A training program for heavy vehicle drivers has been arranged on December 26 – 27, 2016 as part of Rail and Road Safety campaign celebrations at Tata Steel. All Heavy vehicle drivers linked with Tata Steel are being trained by subject matter expert from Hyderabad
The Program was inaugurated today by Mr. Vilas N.Gaikwad , Chief Safety (India&SEA) in Steelenium hall. Speaking on the occasion, he expressed his deep concern on growing road accidents in India. On an average daily 400 people are dying due to this and Jamshedpur as a city is not exception to it .He also expressed his firm belief to make it zero by citing various initiatives being taken at organizational level in Tata Steel and desired commitment of each individual who can be role model for others by complying with defensive driving norms. Mr. J.M.Sinha ,Chief Logistics ,Mr. T .Roy Choudhary Head EQMS,Mr. U.P.Yadav Manager Road Safety expressed their views to make this a mega drive to cover the masses .
Road Safety expert Mr. Dheerendra Sameneni who has been invited for imparting training shared his versatile experiences related to road Safety. Training is being imparted in 4 sessions. Topics covered during Training are
- Introduction to Road safety.
- Understanding Other Road Users
- Traffic Controlling Systems (Police/Road Signs/Signals etc.)
- Driver's Responsibility (Seat belt /documents/pollution etc.)
- Factor which Effect's the driving (Alcohol/ Mobile/ Distraction etc.)
- Defensive Way of driving (Lane management/ usage of mirrors & indicators etc.)
- Driving under critical conditions (Night / fog / hill/ rain/waterlog etc.)
- Hazard Perception (Scan the road etc.)
This 3 months campaign in Q3 FY`17, had been targeted for the steel giant’s employees, vendor partners’ customers and all other stake holders in the organisation. The theme for this campaign was – “Be Alert Be Safe on road”.