1QFY22 Production and delivery volumes (Provisional)
Tata Steel India Crude steel production and Sales volume increase by 55%YoY and 42%YoY
|All Figures are in million tons|
|Tata Steel India2||4.62||4.75||2.99|
|Tata Steel Europe||2.73||2.66||2.15|
|Tata Steel South-East Asia||0.59||0.61||0.39|
|Tata Steel India2||4.15||4.67||2.93|
|Tata Steel Europe||2.36||2.47||1.98|
|Tata Steel South-East Asia||0.63||0.64||0.42|
Notes: 1. Production Numbers: India - Crude Steel Production; Europe - Liquid Steel Production; South-East Asia - Saleable Steel Production.2. Figures for Tata Steel India includes Tata Steel Standalone, Tata Steel BSL and Tata Steel Long Products without eliminating inter-company transactions.
- Tata Steel India Crude steel production grew 55%YoY in 1QFY22 as 1QFY21 was impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the stringent nationwide lockdown. Tata Steel India deliveries increased by 42%YoY; key segment highlights of domestic deliveries are:
- Automotive & Special Products’ segment deliveries increased by ~7x YoY against the estimated 3x YoY increase in automotive OEM’s production in 1QFY22.
- ‘Branded Products & Retail’ segment deliveries were higher by 112%YoY. B2C brand Tata Tiscon has become the 1st Rebar brand in India to receive GreenPro certification.
- ‘Industrial Products & Projects’ segment deliveries increased by 2x on YoY basis. Tata Steel continues to focus on improving its offerings to the domestic market. Sales of value-added products to key segments like Pre-Engineered buildings, O&G, Agricultural implements grew 175%YoY.
- Tata Steel Aashiyana, an e-commerce platform for Individual Home builder, grew revenues by ~7x YoY to Rs.257 crores.
- During the quarter, Crude steel production decreased 2.6%QoQ due to supply of over 47,800 tons of liquid medical oxygen to hospitals amidst the 2nd wave of COVID-19 pandemic. Steel deliveries declined 11%QoQ due to partial lockdowns announced by some of states and temporary shutdowns in few steel consuming sectors amidst the 2nd wave of COVID-19 pandemic. To offset the impact, exports were increased to 16% of the total sales vs 11% in 4QFY21. The domestic market has been improving since mid-Jun’21 with easing lockdowns.
- Tata Steel Southeast Asia’s Steel production grew by 49%YoY; Steel deliveries increased by 50%YoY.
- Tata Steel India has undertaken several vaccination drives at all of its operating locations. Currently, around 82% of its employees are vaccinated for first dose. The company continues to closely monitor the resurgence of COVID-19 cases and take appropriate actions in line with the directions issued by the regulatory authorities keeping in view the health and safety of its employees and the community and the interests of its customers and other stakeholders.
About Tata Steel
Tata Steel group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 34 million tonnes per annum. It is one of the world's most geographically-diversified steel producers, with operations and commercial presence across the world. The group (excluding SEA operations) recorded a consolidated turnover of US $21.1 billion in the financial year ending March 31, 2021.
A Great Place to Work-Certified organisation, Tata Steel Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures, is spread across five continents with an employee base of over 65,000.
Tata Steel has been a part of the DJSI Emerging Markets Index since 2012 and has been consistently ranked amongst top 5 steel companies in the DJSI Corporate Sustainability Assessment since 2016. Besides being a member of ResponsibleSteelTM and worldsteel’s Climate Action Programme, Tata Steel has won several awards and recognitions including the World Economic Forum’s Global Lighthouse recognition for its Kalinganagar Plant - a first in India, and Prime Minister’s Trophy for the best performing integrated steel plant for 2016-17. The Company, ranked as India’s most valuable Metals & Mining brand by Brand Finance, received the ‘Honourable Mention’ at the National CSR Awards 2019, Steel Sustainability Champion 2019 by worldsteel, CII Greenco Star Performer Award 2019, ‘Most Ethical Company’ award 2020 from Ethisphere Institute, Best Risk Management Framework & Systems Award (2020) by CNBC TV-18, and Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting FY20 by ICAI, among several others.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.
For media enquiries contact: