Tata Steel to organise Sports Summer Camp from May 13 - 31, 2019 at the JRD Tata Sports Complex
Sports Department, Tata Steel is all set to organize Summer Camp, 2019 at the JRD Tata Sports Complex. The Camp is scheduled during the period May 13-31, 2019. The objective of the event is to inculcate a healthy lifestyle among the children. Keeping in view the vacation time, the event is positioned to attract maximum participants.
For children in the age group 5– 18 years, the Camp will include sporting activities in 19 disciplines such as - Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Boxing, Basketball, Chess, Cricket, Football, Golf, Handball, Karate, Kabaddi, Roller Skate/Roll Ball, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis and Volleyball.
Yoga and Zumba will be for all age groups.
Summer Camp Details:
- Camp Timings:
- From 06.00 AM to 08.00 AM for disciplines other than Badminton & Swimming
- Swimming - from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM and from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Badminton- from 6.00 AM – 10.00 AM
- Parents can also register for Yoga and Zumba classes.
- Registration opens from April 25, 2019 at JRD Tata Sports Complex.
- Registration Timings: Monday to Friday between 09:30 AM to 01:00 PM and 02.30 PM to 05.30 PM; Saturday between 09.30 AM – 01.00 PM at JRD Tata Sports Complex
- The last date for registration is May 6, 2019.
Safety Initiatives during Summer Camp:
- Vehicle parking will be in front of Keenan Stadium and Convent School.
- Daily announcements will be done on the importance of using helmets, seat belts, careful driving, use of zebra crossings and walking on marked pathways.
- First Aid experts will be deputed for taking care of minor injuries at 4 places - JRD Tata Sports Complex, Swimming Pool, Keenan Stadium & Armoury Ground
- Experienced coaches will impart training and will be assisted by senior players.
- Coaches from Sports Authority of India (SAI) will be imparting training in Boxing and Athletics.
- Mr Bagicha Singh (Arjuna Awardee) and Saroj Lakra (International Athlete) will be part of the proceedings.
- Ex-Ranji players have been invited to train the budding cricketers.
- Dronacharya Awardee and coach of National team, Ms Purnima Mahato and Mr Dharmendra Tiwary, Former India Archery Coach will give special tips to Archers.
Sports is an integral part of Tata Steel’s corporate philosophy. The Company’s commitment towards the promotion of sports is manifested through several academies of excellence such as the Tata Football Academy, Tata Archery Academy, Tata Steel SAI Athletics & Boxing Excellence Centres besides others. Over time, an impressive array of sporting infrastructure matching international standards has been built.
Sports Department is looking forward for active participation from all sports enthusiasts in this fun filled summer camp.
About Tata Steel
Tata Steel Group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 33 million tonnes per annum (MTPA). It is one of the world's most geographically-diversified steel producers, with operations and commercial presence across the world. The Group recorded a consolidated turnover of US $20.41 billion (INR 133,016 crore) in FY18. In 2018, Tata Steel acquired Bhushan Steel Ltd (now renamed as Tata Steel BSL Ltd). Currently, Tata Steel's consolidated India crude steel production capacity stands at 18.6 MnTPA.
A Great Place to Work-CertifiedTM organisation, Tata Steel Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures, is spread across five continents with an employee base of over 65,000.
Tata Steel retained Industry Leader position in FY18 and ranked second overall in the DJSI assessment, 2017. The Company has been recognised as the Climate Disclosure Leader in ‘Steel category’ by CDP (2017). Besides being a member of the World Steel Climate Action Programme, Tata Steel has won several awards including the Prime Minister’s Trophy for the best performing integrated steel plant for 2016-17, ‘Corporate Strategy Award’ by Mint (2018), Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management 2018 and Best Risk Management Framework & Systems Award 2019 by CNBC TV18. The Company also received the ‘World’s Most Ethical Companies’ award from Ethisphere Institute for the seventh time (2018), Steel Sustainability Champions (2017) by the World Steel Association, Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards (2017 & 2018), Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award by Institute of Directors (2017 & 2018) as well as 'Asia's Best Integrated Report' award by the Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards (2017), among several others.
In 2018, the Company launched a corporate brand campaign #WeAlsoMakeTomorrow www.wealsomaketomorrow.com
For corporate information, visit www.tatasteel.com and follow us on
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.