TSK 25K reaches a new milestone with the 5th edition; India’s premier 25K is now an IAAF Bronze Label Race
New brands on-board; Godaddy, Oakley, Nature Valley, Tata Motors & India Cares
Registrations for the event begin
Tata Steel Kolkata 25K, only in its fifth year, is already an urban legend having ticked off the running revolution in the East. This year, the movement salutes the martyrs of the nation and encourages the city to run together to celebrate Vijay Divas on December 16.
A new jewel in the crown for India’s only International 25K is the ‘Bronze Label’ accorded by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). This label is awarded to races basis criteria including organizational competence, elite field representation, equal prize money for male and female runners, medical support system, live television coverage, timing for participants and qualified personnel to ensure smooth conduct of the event across departments, among others. In addition, it also considers the course measurements, sanitation of the route which includes - safety and quality of the route, restrictions on traffic to allow free movement for runners within the specified time, facilities provided on course for a pleasant running experience for all participants.
Now an IAAF Bronze Label Race
Registrations open on October 4 & shut on November 30
New Partners on-board
- Tiago NRG, Driven by partner
- Oakley, Performance Eyewear Partner Oakley
- GoDaddy, Domains and online presence partner
- India Cares, Philanthropy Partner
- Nature Valley, Nutrition Partner
Commenting on his association at a function held at Kolkata yesterday, Face of the Event Sourav Ganguly said: “It’s amazing to see how Tata Steel Kolkata 25K has caught the imagination of the metro. The last four years have been mindboggling, just seeing people get up in the morning, train hard for months and come out on that start line to put their best foot forward. This is a huge change in the mindset and TSK 25K is a good habit that has struck roots.
He further added, “Moreover, this year TSK 25K coincides with Vijay Diwas and gives us an opportunity to salute our heroes. I am very proud to be associated with such a quality sports event and even more proud to see Kolkata waking up to a new healthier lifestyle.”
Sunil Bhaskaran, Vice President Corporate Services, Tata Steel Ltd., said, "Tata Steel is proud to be the Title Sponsor of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25 K run, which went international last year. I am sure that the biggest running event of eastern India will get bigger this year with increased participation of professional athletes, amateur runners and fitness enthusiasts, old and young alike."
Delivering top-notch running experiences in India is a promise that Procam International lives by. Each year efforts are taken to re-invent and add new elements to the race and ensure TSK 25K is truly - A Running experience.
TIMED 5K RUN: The 5K distance is most popular with amateur runners among running events, as it is comparatively easier to complete the distance without endurance training. This year with the timed 5K we encourage an element of competition as well. The timed 5K runners will get their own finishers medal, prize-money and most importantly a timing certificate, which is applicable for entry into other timed races in India.
PUMA RACE DAY & FINISHERS TEE: As an added incentive for all participants, the 25K confirmed participants will get the exclusive PUMA Race Day Tee, while the first 1000 finishers in the Open 10K will receive PUMA Finishers Tee.
EVENT ANTHEM: To achieve anything in life, one needs a strong resolve, and even more importantly, one needs to take that first step forward. “The miracle isn’t that I finished, but that I had the courage to start.” Capturing this ethos, an exclusive running Anthem ‘Nikal Pado to Mumkin Hai’ was launched earlier this year. Composed by the dynamic duo Salim–Sulaiman, the Hindi version is sung by the energetic Sukhwinder Singh, the lyrics of the anthem have been penned by noted lyricist and Padma Shri awardee, Prasoon Joshi. For the TSK 25K, the anthem is translated into Bengali titled ‘Egao Jodi to Sofol Hobei’.
NEW SPONSORS: Running is the fastest growing sporting activity in India and has offered brands a non-conventional yet engaging platform to connect with their consumers. TSK 25K has been fortunate to get support from some of the most prestigious brands. This year the event has strengthened its core with five new sponsors on-board.
- TIAGO NRG, Driven by Partner - After its successful association with Procam International’s premier distance running events Tata Motors the Driven By partner have now extended their association to the TSK 25K with the new ‘Urban Toughroader’ – the Tiago NRG. Living up to its name, the Tiago NRG is a truly energetic product and is loaded with active features, making it a perfect match for the sport of Running.
- OAKLEY, Performance Eyewear Partner - One of the leading product design and sport performance brands in the world, is chosen by world-class athletes to compete at the highest level possible. The brand holds a very prominent position within the sports eyewear category, offering men and women an extraordinary product line that appeals to sport performance and active lifestyle consumers.
- GODADDY, Domains and Online Presence Partner - world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small and independent ventures is the official Domains and online presence partner for the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K. This partnership will enable GoDaddy to reach out to aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners, participating in the events, and help them understand the benefits of having an online presence and the ease of creating a website.
- INDIA CARES, Philanthropy Partner - Two decades ago, India Cares came together to promote, support and encourage Civil Society Organizations, with the conviction that this sector is vital to building a humane society. Their journey with running events started in the year 2008. The backbone of the philanthropy paradigm of the TCS World 10K and Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, Friends to CSOs, India Cares Foundation is now the Philanthropy Partner of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K.
- NATURE VALLEY, Nutrition Partner - Since 1860, the General Mills’ vision has been to “Serve the world by making food people love”. It fulfils this legacy through one of its iconic brands, Nature Valley. Made with only the best ingredients, Nature Valley granola bars provide its consumers with the energy they can depend on. Nature Valley has been very closely associated with encouraging individuals to get out of their homes and explore the outdoors. Sponsors of some of the most prestigious tennis events, this year Nature Valley has extended its association with Procam's distance running events as the Nutrition Partner.
The Tata Steel Kolkata 25K is proud to be have continued support from, Channel Partner- Star Sports, Fashion Partner- Jabong, Hydration Partner- Bisleri, Recovery Partner- Volini Spray, Timing Partner- Seiko, Restoration
- For online registration log onto
- Entry fees:
25K – Rs.1000, Open 10K – Rs.700, Ananda Run – Rs.350, Senior Citizen’s run, Timed 5K – Rs.550 and Champions with Disability –Rs. 200
- Application forms along with requisite application fees can be deposited in the drop box located at:
Puma Stores in Kolkata (11 am to 8 pm) –
- Mani Square, Shop No 107, "MANI SQUARE", Premises No 164/1 Maniktala Main Road, Police Station, Phoolbagan, Kolkata-700054.
- City Center, Block DC, Shop No. 107, Salt Lake, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata 700 064.
- Acropolis Mall, Shop no. F 007,1858, Rajdanga Main Road, Kolkata,700107.
- Quest Mall, RPG Quest Mall, 33 Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata 700 017.
- South City mall Shop 202, 2nd floor, 375, Prince Anwar Shah road, Kolkata 700068
Group Entries (20 or above applications): Group registration is possible online by using scratch cards as payment mode. Each member of the group will have to register individually on https://tsk25k.procamrunning.in. using the scratch card. Scratch cards need to be purchased in bulk from the Event’s Registration office. Please call the helpline number +919867722855 (10 am to 7 pm, Monday to Saturday) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase scratch cards.
- Physical forms: Deposit application forms along with requisite application fees and covering letter at the Event’s Registration office. Please call the helpline number +919867722855 (10 am to 7 pm, Monday to Saturday) or email at email@example.com for submission of forms.
- Online group registration using scratch card. Applicable only for Open 10K,Ananda Run, Senior citizens' run and Champions with Disability Race Category can be availed from our registration office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner- ORSL, Hospitality Partner- The Oberoi Grand, Print Partner- The Telegraph, Radio Partner- 98.3 Radio Mirchi, Medical Partner- Fortis and Institution Partner- Harmony for Silvers foundation.
Vivek Singh, Jt. MD, Procam International, said, “We can say with conviction, Kolkata often considered as the cultural and cerebral capital of India is now swept by the magic of distance running. The over-whelming response from the city over the last few years has been truly encouraging and inspiring. It is a proud moment for all of us as that the fifth edition of TSK 25K coincides with Vijay Diwas. The success of this event is dedicated to all our sponsors and partners, and our gratitude to the Government, civic authorities, the Indian Army – Eastern Command and especially the people of this city for their relentless support and faith in our event.”
REGISTRATION DETAILS: Registration across six categories 25K Run, Open 10K, Timed 5K, Ananda Run (5km distance – not timed), Senior Citizens Run (2.1km) and Champions with Disability (2.1km) will commence on Thursday 4th October at 07.00 pm hrs and stay open until, 19.00 hrs on 30th November 2018 or till running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
About Tata Steel
Tata Steel Group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 27 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) as on March 31, 2018. It is the world's second-most geographically-diversified steel producer, with operations in 26 countries and a commercial presence in over 50 countries. The Group recorded a consolidated turnover of US $20.41 billion (INR 133,016 crore) in FY18. Tata Steel Group is spread across five continents with an employee base of nearly 74,000. Tata Steel retained Industry Leader position in FY18 and ranked second overall in the DJSI assessment, 2017. The Company has been recognised as the Climate Disclosure Leader in ‘Steel category’ by CDP (2017). Besides being a member of the World Steel Climate Action Programme, Tata Steel was felicitated with several awards including the Prime Minister’s Trophy for the best performing integrated steel plant for 2014-15 and 2015-16, Best Risk Management by CNBC TV18 (2018) and ‘Corporate Strategy Award’ by Mint (2018). The Company also received the ‘Most Ethical Company’ award from Ethisphere Institute for the sixth time (2018), Steel Sustainability Champions (2017) by the World Steel Association, Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards (2017 & 2018), Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award by Institute of Directors (2017) as well as 'Asia's Best Integrated Report' award by the Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards (2017), among several others.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.