Tata Steel to organise Sports Summer Camp from 11- 30 May, 2018 at the JRD Tata Sports Complex
Sports Division, Tata Steel is all set to organize Summer Camp, 2018 at JRD Tata Sports Complex. The camp is scheduled between 11- 30 May, 2018.
The objective of the event is to inculcate healthy lifestyle among the children. The company wants to take advantage of the summer season where the children of the targeted age group will be having their vacations.
Sports is an integral part of Tata Steel’s corporate philosophy. The company’s commitment towards the promotion of sports is manifested through several academies of excellence such as Tata Football Academy, Tata Archery Academy, athletics and more. Over time, an impressive array of infrastructure, matching international standards to support sports has been built.
For children in the age group 5 – 18 years, the camp will include sporting activities like Archery, Athletics’, Badminton, Boxing, Basketball, Chess, Cricket, Football, Golf, Handball, Karate, Kabaddi, Roller Skate/Roll Ball, Swimming , Table Tennis, Tennis and Volleyball. Yoga and Zumba will be for all age groups.
Summer Camp Details:
- Timings (Morning: - 6.00 to 8.00 am) for the participants (except swimming).
- Swimming will be from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Parents can also register for Yoga and Zumba classes.
- A ‘Sports Mela’ will be organized on the final day of the summer camp on May 30, 2018 from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Certificates will be awarded to all the participants upon the completion of the summer camp.
- Registration forms will be available from April 25, 2018 at JRD Tata Sports Complex.
- Offline registration can be done between 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at JRD Tata Sports Complex
- The last date for registration is May 8, 2018.
Safety Initiatives during Summer Camp:
- Vehicle parking will be in front of Keenan Stadium and Covent School.
- Daily announcements will be done on the importance of using helmets, seat belts, driving slow, making use zebra crossings and walking on marked pathways
- First Aid experts will be deputed during summer camp for taking care of minor injuries going at 4 places - JRD Tata Sports Complex, Swimming Pool, Keenan Stadium & Armoury Ground
- Qualified coaches are going to be assisted by senior players
- Coaches from Sports Authority of India (SAI) will be imparting the training for Boxing and Athletics.
- Arjuna Awardee, Mr Bagicha Singh and Saroj Lakra, International Athlete will be part of the proceedings.
- Ex-Ranji players have been invited to train the budding cricketers
- Dhorancharya Awardee and coach of national team, Ms Purnima Mahato and Mr Dharmendra Tiwary, Coaches of Indian Archery Team will give special tips to New Archers
Sports Division is looking forward for active participation from all sports enthusiasts in this fun filled summer camp.