TATA STEEL SETS THE STAGE FOR 178th FOUNDER’S DAY CELEBRATION AT JAMSHEDPUR
March 1, 2017
Inauguration of Integrated Command and Control Centre for Management of City Services:
Mr Ishaat Hussain, Director will inaugurate the Integrated Command and Control Centre for Management of City Services at 4.00 pm. The Command Centre is situated near Town Electrical Office, Northern Town.
March 2, 2017
1) Inauguration of Science Park: Mr D K Mehrotra, Director will inaugurate the Science Park between at 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm at JUSCO School, South Park.
2) Inauguration of “Technical Exhibition- 2017” at 4.00 pm at SNTI by Mr Ishaat Hussain
3) Inauguration of Illumination at Jubilee Park: Mr N Chandrasekaran, Chairman Tata Sons, will switch on the Illumination at the Founder's Statue in Jubilee Park at 6:30 pm on March 2, 2017. It will be open for public viewing from March 2 to 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 10 pm.
(Simultaneous illumination of Bhetiya Park, Kadma, Golmuri Park, Eye Hospital, Sakchi, Beldih Lake, Jayanti Sarovar (inside Jubilee Park), Sir Dorabji Tata Park along with Jubilee Park for wider access to everyone in the city. Special attraction: Laser Show at Beldih Lake)
4) Inauguration of Exhibition on J N Tata by Mr Andrew Robb, Director, at 6.50 pm in Jubilee Park.
For people visiting Jubilee Park, following parking areas have been earmarked for the convenience of visitors-
- In front of Sacred Heart School
- In front of Sir Dorabji Tata Park
- Near Mohan Ahuja Stadium
- Near C H Area Cricket Ground
Timings of vehicular movement inside Jubilee Park and at all Drop Gates
· Vehicular movement will be restricted from 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm from March 3 to 5, 2017.
· From March 3 to 5, 2017- Vehicular movement inside Jubilee Park will be allowed from 10.00 pm till 11.00 pm.
March 3, 2017
Founders Day Pageantry in Town: With the support of the citizens of Jamshedpur and the Local Administration, a spectacular pageantry will be organised. This will be flagged off by Mr. N Chandrasekaran Chairman, Tata Sons, in front of the Founder’s Statue near Main Post Office, Bistupur, at 9.45 am. The pageantry will include tableaus from Associate Companies, Social Organisations, Jamshedpur Armed Force (JAP) and Rapid Action Force (RAF). Approximately 2000 participants will take part in the pageantry.
Laser Show and Musical Fountain Show: This year also there will be Special Laser Shows and Musical Fountain from March 3 to 5, 2017 with usual charges as applicable. Show timings are as follows - 1st Show – 7.00 pm, 2nd Show – 8:00 pm and 3rd Show – 9:00 pm.
Barricades – Following traffic points will be temporarily barricaded on 3rd March, 2017 from 8.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. during the citizens’ pageantry in Bistupur.1. Drop Gate near Central Avenue Junction
2. F Road, N. Town - Drop Gate in front of Central Excise Office, N. Town
3. Monument Road, N. Town - Drop Gate near Central Water Tower, N. Town
4. Sakchi Boulevard Road (N. Town) - Drop Gate near C-D Road, N. Town
5. I. C. Road, Bistupur - Drop Gate near JGMH
6. SK Chand’s Residence - Drop Gate
7. Kharkai Link Road - Milani Club (South Gate)
8. KMPM Inter College - Passage Blocking
9. Sakchi Boulevard Road (Bistupur) - Near Dena Bank
10. Drop Gate in front of Tata Share Registry Office
11. Drop Gate near Directors Bungalow In and Out Gate
12. Central Water Tower Alley blocked (both sides)
During this period suggested alternate routes for vehicles coming from Sakchi and Sonari and going towards Railway Station and Adityapur and vice-versa are as follows:
A) From Sakchi to Railway Station & Adityapur:
St. Mile Road Dhatkidih Kadma Ganesh Puja Round about Kadma PS Via Ranikudar
B) From Sonari to Railway Station & Adityapur:
Kadma Sonary Link Road Ganesh Puja Round about Kadma PS Via Ranikudar
“Jamshedpur Bounty” an e-treasure hunt for the citizens of Jamshedpur
Tata Steel is organizing an e-treasure hunt “Jsr Bounty” for the citizens of Jamshedpur. This game will be played from 7 pm on March 2, 2017 till 6 pm on March 4, 2017. This being an e-treasure hunt, it will be played using a smartphone or a tablet and will involve interesting quizzes in the form of anagrams, trivia and will involve engaging in fun activities at various locations around the city. To play the game, the players will need to download the Actionbound app onto their smartphones or tablets from the respective app stores of Android and iOS.
To start the game, players will need to look for a QR code in and around the Jubilee Park area. The players need to have data connection on their devices when starting and finishing the hunt. On scanning the QR code, the hunt will get downloaded onto the player’s device and can be played at their leisure over the 3 days of the game. Tata Steel wants to stress on the fact that this is not a race and players should not be in a hurry to finish the hunt and jeopardize self and public safety. Players can pause the game at any stage and return to it at their convenience, while not exceeding the end time of the game. It is a single-player, multi-staged treasure hunt to be played and enjoyed over the span of 3 days.
Tata Steel is also organizing similar e-treasure hunts for the employees and their families at Kolkata and Mumbai on the occasion of the 178th Birth Anniversary of the Founder. Happy Gaming !!
About Tata Steel
Tata Steel Group stands among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 28 million tonnes per annum (MnTPA) and a turnover of US $17.69 billion in FY16. It is the world's second-most geographically-diversified steel producer, with operations in 26 countries and commercial presence in over 50 countries. Established in 1907, the Group’s vision is to be the world steel industry benchmark in “Value Creation” and “Corporate Citizenship” through the excellence of its people, approach and overall conduct. Underpinning this vision is a performance culture committed to aspiration targets, safety and social responsibility, continuous improvement, openness and transparency. Having bagged the Deming Application Prize and Deming Grand Prize for continuous improvement in 2008 and 2012 respectively, Tata Steel has now been recognised as the global ‘Industry Leader’ in ‘Steel category’ by Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Besides being one of ‘worldsteel’s’ Climate Action members, it has also been awarded the CII ITC Sustainability Prize, the ‘Best-in-class Manufacturing’ by TIME Award, the Prime Minister’s Trophy for the best performing integrated steel plant, among several others.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/ supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.
Chief, Corporate Communications, India & SEA