Tata Steel Special Economic Zone (TSSEZ) pavilion at the 'Make in India' Week
‘Tata Steel Special Economic Zone’ has put up a pavilion at the ‘Make in India’ Week. The pavilion focusses on the Gopalpur Industrial Park, being developed by Tata Steel to facilitate industrial development of the region. The Industrial Park will primarily attract investments in steel and allied downstream industries, engineering, chemicals and other emerging sectors.
The Tata Steel SEZ pavilion at the ‘Make in India’ programme stood out of the rest for its commitment inNation building and hope for generating investment and jobs in the region. The prime objective of the pavilion is to attract potential investments from various companies. The pavilion showcases how the state-of-the-art SEZ Park will help in attracting investment in tunes of INR 10,000 crores to INR 15,000 crores and generate direct and indirect employment opportunities for more than 15,000 people. The pavilion was appreciated by the visitors.
Speaking on TSSEZ, Mr TV Narendran, MD Tata Steel India and SEA said, “It’s a momentous occasion for TataSteel to be a part of the journey called ‘Make in India’. Through the Tata Steel SEZ at Gopalpur, we at Tata Steel will initiate further industrial development and social inclusion of the region. It’s a huge responsibility bestowed on us to help drive the economic growth of the region through the SEZ park and as the chief tenant Tata Steel would ensure the smooth transition of the business.”
Also speaking on the TSSEZ, Mr Arun Mishra, Vice President (Gopalpur Project) and MD (Tata Steel SEZ) said, “The Tata Steel SEZ at Gopalpur is all set to change the business dynamics of the region. The SEZ Park will attract investments to the tune of INR 10,000 crore to INR 15,000 crore and will generate employment for more than 15,000 people involving majorly steel and allied downstream industries along with engineering and various other sectors.”
The state-of-the-art pavilion at the Make in India programme has attracted visitors and investors from various gamut of business. The pavilion also exhibits a model of the SEZ and Industrial Park spanning over 2,970 acres of land and the facilities it offers for the industries to foster. The industrial park includes a multi-product SEZ and Industrial Park over 2,570 acres and the Gopalpur Ferro Chrome Plant project by Tata Steel over 400 acres. Some more salient points of the Gopalpur Industrial Park are:
- Mumbai based Sure Safety Solutions Pvt. Ltd. in collaboration with M/s Megitt Defense from UK will set up a manufacturing unit of Aerial Target Products for defense purposes at Tata Steel’s Gopalpur Industrial Park.
- Sure Safety Solutions is expected to invest INR 50 to 60 crores in the assembly plant which will be built over 5 acres under the 'Make in India' project. The project will begin with an assembly line for aerial targets, followed with servicing M/s Meggitt's more than $50 million order procured from Indian Ministry of Defense for aerial targets.
- Being the first multi-product SEZ of Eastern India, Gopalpur industrial park enjoys multi-modal logistics advantage with Rail, Air, Road and Port connectivity. The site also has an access to a significant export catchment comprising East-Asian countries.
- The Gopalpur SEZ has adequate availability of skilled manpower with the presence of ITI, technical and skill development institutes in the district. It also has an established power supply sourced from the government of Odisha at competitive rates.
- Besides generating substantial employment opportunities, Gopalpur Industrial Park will also contributeto the all-round socio-economic development of the region.
A dedicated TSSEZ website (http://www.tatasteelsez.com/) was also launched today by Mr TV Narendran, MD, Tata Steel India and SEA and Mr Arun Mishra, Vice President (Gopalpur Project) and MD (Tata Steel SEZ) at the TSSEZ pavilion during the ‘Make in India’ Programme in Mumbai.
About Tata Steel
Established in 1907 as Asia's first integrated private sector steel company, Tata Steel Group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of nearly 30 million tonnes per annum (MnTPA). It is now the world's second-most geographically-diversified steel producer, with operations in 26 countries and a commercial presence in over 50 countries. The Tata Steel Group, with a turnover of US$ 22.32 billion in FY 15, has over 80,000 employees across five continents and is a Fortune 500 company. The Group’s vision is to be the world’s steel industry benchmark in “Value Creation” and “Corporate Citizenship” through the excellence of its people, its innovative approach and overall conduct. Underpinning this vision is a performance culture committed to aspiration targets, safety and social responsibility, continuous improvement, openness and transparency. In 2008, Tata Steel India became the first integrated steel plant in the world, outside Japan, to be awarded the Deming Application Prize 2008 for excellence in Total Quality Management. In 2012, Tata Steel became the first integrated steel company in the world, outside Japan, to win the Deming Grand Prize 2012 instituted by the Japanese Union of Scientists and Engineers.
Chief, Corporate Communications, India & SEA