Vision and Values
Diversity enriches any large organisation and enhances its collective capabilities. A clear, shared vision is a key requisite for successful diversity management
We will achieve our vision through:
By fostering teamwork, nurturing talent, enhancing leadership capability and acting with pace, pride and passion.
By becoming the supplier of choice, delivering premium products and services and creating value for our customers.
Our Innovative Approach
By developing leading edge solutions in technology, processes and products.
By providing a safe workplace, respecting the environment, caring for our communities and demonstrating high ethical standards.
The Tata Group has always been driven by five core values:
- Integrity. We must conduct our business fairly, with honesty and transparency. Everything we do must stand the test of public scrutiny.
- Understanding. We must be caring, show respect, compassion and humanity for our colleagues and customers around the world, and always work for the benefit of the communities we serve.
- Excellence. We must constantly strive to achieve the highest possible standards in our day-to-day work and in the quality of the goods and services we provide.
- Unity. We must work cohesively with our colleagues across the group and with our customers and partners around the world, building strong relationships based on tolerance, understanding and mutual cooperation.
- Responsibility. We must be responsible and responsive to the countries, communities and environments in which we work, always ensuring that what comes from the people goes back to the people many times over.
Since its formation by Jamsetji Tata in 1868, the Tata Group has consistently been run according to the principle that the wealth it creates should be returned to society. Jamsetji Tata believed that ‘the health and welfare of the employees are the sure foundation of our prosperity.’
The Group’s stated aim is ‘to improve the quality of life of the communities we serve.’ This is demonstrated constantly by its businesses through their contributions to the communities of which they are part – now in over 80 countries around the world.
Two thirds of the equity of Tata Group’s holding company, Tata Sons, is held by philanthropic trusts. Over the decades, these trusts have benefited a vast range of medical, academic, social and cultural projects and institutions.
Tata Steel was one of the main foundations on which this pioneering industrial group has continued to grow around the world.