Innovation is an integral part of our existence. It is engrained in our work culture. We believe that self-reliance in technology is a pre-requisite for growth, especially in the context of expanding operations. It is our endeavour to provide a complete solution by producing end products.
We make every attempt to adopt best practices, modern technologies and innovation to ensure that our mining activities are efficient and sustainable with minimal or no environmental or social impact.
A few of the ‘Firsts’ from Tata Steel, India
- Launched Tata Agrico in 1920s, the 1st brand of steel agricultural implement in India.
- First to introduce a retail brand of reinforcement bars with Tata Tiscon
- First to introduce branded stirrups - Tiscon Superlinks, also available online.
- First to introduce branded footings from Tata Tiscon
Some of the innovative steps taken globally
- Tata Steel in Europe has invested significantly in the development of life cycle assessment models for many sectors. It helps us advise our customers at the design stage of their products made from steel to help minimise energy usage.
- NatSteel Singapore plant processes and recycles ferrous scrap materials, in one of the world‘s most energy efficient Electric Arc Furnace, into high quality steel products used in the construction industry.
- Tata Steel Europe is also working with other steelmakers in Europe on major research and development project, ULCOS (ultra-low CO2 steelmaking), to develop breakthrough technologies which can reduce CO2 emissions per tonne of steel produced by at least 50%.