Jamshedpur Run-a-thon all set for Sunday, November 5, 2017
Tata Steel is all set to kickstart its annual Jamshedpur Run-a-thon on November 5, 2017.
There will be different events for various categories of runners. The 10-km run and 7-km is open to all (Indian Nationals only). . The 10-km race will be the first race to be flagged-off at 0610 hours. Apart from this, there is a 5-km run for under-16 boys and girls. The reporting time for all is 0530 hrs.
The 5-km run for under under-16 boys and girls will kickstart from the Archery Ground, JRD Tata Sports Complex. The runners will move towards Convent School and further ahead to CH Area roundabout. The runners after reaching CH Area Petrol Pump will take a U-turn, cross CH Area Roundabout and move toward the JUSCO Office roundabout. Runners will run past the entrance of the Keenan Stadium and reach the finish line at the Archery Ground entering from JRD Tata Sports Complex main gate.
The 7-km run will follow the same route as the 5-km run till CH Area petrol pump. From CH Area, the runners will move further towards Marine Drive. At the Marine Drive stretch, they will take a U-turn for the CH Area roundabout. The runners will move toward the JUSCO Office roundabout. They will enter the JRD Tata Sports Complex from the entrance near the Boxing Training Centre, Straight Mile Road and reach the finish line at the Archery Ground.
The 10-km run will follow the same route as 7-km. However, the runners will cover a larger distance on the Marine Drive before reaching the finish line at the Archery Ground entering JRD Tata Sports Complex from the Boxing Training Centre Gate, Straight Mile Road.
On Sunday, November 5 certain important roads will have drop-gates during the event, namely:
- The road going toward XLRI
- The road after Sai Mandir roundabout (which connects Tribal Culture Centre)
- From the CH Area turning on Marine Drive till New Bridge, left side of the road (from Mango to Adityapur) will be not available for traffic movement
- From CH Area roundabout to JUSCO Office roundabout, the left side of the road (CH Area to Bistupur) will be not available for traffic movement
- At the junction of the Straight Mile Road and Office Road
- On either side of Bagh-e-Jamshed